Chief Dean Vicaire is pleased to inform the community of Listuguj that today, June 13, 2012, he brought to the Council for their consideration, a settlement offer made by Canada, in Montreal. This settlement offer includes $64.5 million in compensation plus return of lands (“Busteed”) to Listuguj. Chief Vicaire notes that any offer from Canada must be ratified by the community, the conditions for which must be approved by the Council, and the people, which they represent. More details of the settlement offer will be made available to the community as they become available.
- Wind Farm for Gespe’gewa’gi Becomes a Reality
- Listuguj Health Care is Proud to Announce Prenatal Classes are Beginning in May
- Community Members and Fishers Involved in Developing Salmon Plan
- Public Service Announcement From Listuguj Mi’gmaq Governments Membership Department
- Congratulations To Morgan Metallic