The Restigouche Wilderness Waterway Public Meeting
The Restigouche Wilderness Waterway is an initiative for a designated area to protect and conserve the wilderness character of the watercourse and its ecosystems while accommodating compatible recreational activities and industries throughout the year.
A meeting will take place Tuesday February 11, 2014 at 7 P.M. at the Listuguj Community Development Center (Bingo Hall)
Objectives of the meetings:
- To present the status of the project
- To discuss and prioritize potential services, protection, and required infrastructure
- To discuss and evaluate potential funding source, collaboration and partnership
The benefits of this initiative are:
- An increase in the quality of the Restigouche River experience as a wilderness waterway, leading to local job growth and up selling of services;
- A river stewardship ethic that protects the ecology of the resource;
- A governance structure that allows for timely and economical intervention to manage issues;
- A self-sufficient operational structure;
Your opinions, suggestions and solutions are important for the future of your river.
The promoter of this initiative is the Restigouche River Watershed Management Council (RRWMC). The RRMWC is a non-profit organization with members from the local community including the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government and Eel River Bar First Nations.
More information on this initiative can be found at:
Facebook: Cgbvrr-Rrwmc Internet: http://www.restigouche.org