Job Description Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government is seeking an energetic, motivated and career-minded Executive Assistant to the Executive Director (EAED) responsible for performing a wide variety of duties in support of the Executive Director (ED). Responsibilities will include receptionist duties in addition to more complex functions and services, such as being involved in the drafting of government policies, strategy recommendations, minute-taking during confidential meetings, and scheduling appointments. The EAED is also responsible for preparing sensitive correspondences and maintaining reports.
- Provide assistance in support of the Executive Director on Executive Office initiatives when the initiatives are the profiled goals and strategies of the Executive Office.
- Examples of initiatives include: strategic planning and management, comprehensive community planning, and development of the legislative framework for Listuguj.
- Type briefing papers, recommendations and perspectives from the Executive Director regarding initiatives, functions, activities, and issues.
- Manage schedule of appointments with and obligations to internal contacts including the Chief, Chief and Council, senior officials of the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government (LMG), directors, senior management team of their directorates, managers and their senior management team, and other senior staff in other LMG departments and operations.
- Manage schedule of appointments with and obligations to external contacts including various community, municipal, provincial, and federal governments, stakeholder groups and associations, non-government organizations and the general public.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to the Executive Director, as directed by verbal or written instruction.
- Present a positive and professional image of the office of the Executive Director to all visitors, staff, government officials, inquiries, and other interactions.
- University degree in Business Administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience
- 3 years of direct work experience in an executive assistant capacity
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, reports, and so on
- Knowledge of political process and/or working experience within a political working environment is preferable
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondences, including memos, letters, etc.
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, email clients, and presentation software
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong knowledge of First Nations Governance and Culture
- Ability to speak and understand the Mi’gmaq language
- Fluency in French and English
For a complete description of the Job Duties, Core Competencies, Requirements and Working Conditions please contact Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government Human Resources at (418) 788-2769 or LMGHR@listuguj.ca
Applications Accepted by:
FAX OR E-MAIL:
(418) 788- 5618 or LMGHR@listuguj.ca Subject Line: Executive Assistant
Human Resource Department 17 Riverside West, Listuguj Quebec G0C 2R0