|Job title||Assistant Project Manager|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
|Please ensure you have the correct qualifications before|
applying for this position. Only serious candidates will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision, the Assistant Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures. They will work under the direction of the project manager at coordinating teams of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The Assistant Project Manager must be able to respond to mechanical, architectural, electrical and other building and building systems related problems during and after normal working hours. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills and will be able to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC equipment and air filtration systems and installations.
- Strong knowledge of irrigation systems and installations.
- Strong Knowledge of general contracting, maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of physical security requirements for Controlled Substances related legislations, regulations and guidelines in Canada.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Supervise the work of all trades and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Always maintain professional and friendly
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction project management mandatory
- Diploma of Technology, Red Seal Journeyman’s Certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A keen familiarity with HVAC system operation and design
- An understanding of BACnet automation and PLC control systems
- Construction knowledge related to insulated metal wall panel systems
- Ability to read construction drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- General contracting background
- Tracking and maintaining budgets
- Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Comply with safety laws and regulations
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, strong attention to detail. Follow organizations policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving shipping targets within set timelines
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Good communication and documentation skills
$60,000 – $75,000 per annum
Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
Salaried Position – Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
This position will require after hours or extended hours based on activity.
Physical aptitude to perform tasks required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org