Demonstration to bring awareness to EI reform
The Coalition of groups against EI reform of the Gaspe and the Lower St. Lawrence have organised these demonstrations. On the same day, a delegation of some 40 representatives will be in Ottawa to meet with Minister Finley, and to lobby MPs. The demonstrations have as an objective to also support the delegates in Ottawa. The main spokesperson of the Coalition is Bertrand Berger, mayor of Escuminac and president of the CREGIM.
On February 27th, at 11 am (New Brunswick time), there will be simultaneous demonstrations in several locations:
- Listuguj (foot of the bridge)
- Chandler (front of Service Canada office)
- Fox River (front of Church)
- Ste-Anne-des-Monts (front of Service Canada office)
- Magdelen Islands (community ctre Etand du Nord)